After playing with Aperture and Photos per my previous post, I found that iTunes would get stuck syncing my iPhone: it would stay on the “Importing photos” step for hours (I left it overnight).
The fix is basically outlined in this post on StackExchange, with modification since the post deals with iPhoto.
You can do this on the command line, or in the Finder.
- Disconnect your iPhone and quit iTunes as a precaution
- Locate ~/Pictures/Aperture Library
- Right click, and select Show Package Contents
- You should see a folder named iPod Photo Cache -- trash it
- Launch iTunes, connect your phone, and sync
And, that's all.