UPDATE 2: My attempts at “fixing” USB mapping broke all the USB 3.x ports. None of the USB 3.x ports work. I did set them to “Type 3” which is “USB 3 Standard-A connector”. Undoing all the USB mapping stuff fixed my non-functioning USB ports. Everything works OK, including Bluetooth. No idea why: everything about OpenCore is still kind of a mystery to me.
UPDATE: Bluetooth fixed itself. What I did: booted into Windows (installed on a separate SSD), used Windows to connect to the speaker, quit Windows to boot into Hackintosh, and Bluetooth works again. Quick way to see that Bluetooth is OK is that System Information on the Bluetooth device should show a non-trivial address. If it were broken, the address would be 00-00-00-00-00-00.
tl;dr This did NOT fix my Bluetooth issue. I had also cleared the CMOS and re-set all the BIOS settings before I went through all of this. So, this may be of some use as a summary of USB port mapping in OpenCore, but of no use at all for fixing Bluetooth issues.
Bluetooth stopped working for unknown reasons. Discovered that Bluetooth is actually an internal USB device.
Suspicion: the breakage is due to the macOS 15 USB port limit. (Additional USB hubs get their own 15-port limit.)
Using the USBMap script, can see that there are 26 ports listed: HS01 - HS14, USR1 - USR2, SS01 - SS10. (This is the same as the list that corpnewt has on their system.)
The script allows you to disable all SSxx ports and all HSxx ports. Then, manually enable a specific set of HSxx ports. From this post at tonymacx86, someone has listed the USB ports for this motherboard: back panel, and internal headers. I have verified this is correct, for the ports that I can use. I have no USB Type-C devices, so I cannot check the two USB Type-C ports on the rear panel.
The case I am using has no front-panel USB Type-C ports, so I can leave HS01 disabled. I do not currently have any USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C devices, but I am planning to get at least one: I will enable both HS08 and HS13. I will leave the internal Bluetooth (HS14) enabled. There is no HS02 shown in either diagram, and none of the ports I could test were HS02: so, disable that. There was no USR1, either, but the USBMap documentation does not say anything about enabling or disabling USR* ports, so leave that enabled.
- Two disabled HS ports: HS01 and HS02
That leaves me with 12 HS ports, and 2 USR ports, bringing me up to 14 ports.
The boot-args option is:
debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera -uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS03,HS04,HS05,HS06,HS07,HS08,HS09,HS10,HS11,HS12,HS13,HS14,USR1,USR2
Back at the main menu of USBMap, pick “S. Build SSDT-UIAC”, which will generate two .aml files:
Copy those to your EFI/OC/ACPI folder, edit your config.plist to add them to the ACPI section, and reboot.
- Disable all ports named “SS*” - using USBMap script, select “S. Exclude SSxx Ports”. This appends the boot option -uia_exclude_ss to NVRAM which will persist across reboots. NB this does not modify config.plist. In OpenCore 0.5.9, this step did not work for me. So, manually modify config.plist to add the boot option (NVRAM->Add->...long string of chars->boot-args). Manually trying to set boot-args using the nvram command gives an error: “nvram: Error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) not permitted”. So, set it in config.plist, instead.
- Download SSDT-USBX.aml from USB-Map-Guide/extra-files
- Use SSDTTime to generate SSDT-EC.aml. (Had SSDT-PLUG.aml from initial install.)
- Copy the .aml files into EFI/OC/ACPI/
- Add entries for both SSDT-USBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml into config.plist